$10 – 15/hr
Petra Preschool is a faith-based start-up preschool focused on creating a diverse community for all children including foster and low income families.
Our teaching team creates a nurturing and engaging environment for children to grow and develop with a gospel centered foundation and trauma informed care approach.
Petra Preschool is seeking full time teachers who are looking to make a difference in children's lives from all backgrounds. If you love children, serving others, are enthusiastic, personable, and self-motivated, we want you!
We encourage YOU to apply to be apart of this unique and special team that provides opportunities for a diverse group of underserved children and families to experience a quality early education program to lead them to future success!
This full-time teaching position allows you to creatively develop and prepare an engaging environment with the structure of Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum. We believe in creating opportunities for children to explore inside and outside of the classroom on a daily basis!
- Provide opportunities for rich conceptual development by utilizing Creative Curriculum concepts that actively engage children in the learning process, encourages independence, and allows children to make meaningful choices.
- Continuously observe and assess children in their natural environment to scaffold teaching.
- Nurture and maintain a culture of community among families and children at Petra Preschool.
- Actively implement Trauma-Informed strategies (TBRI) throughout the day to connect and support all children.
- Create a quality learning, friendly, welcoming environment where children feel safe and secure as well as can develop a sense of belonging and value.
- Ensure safety and well-being of each child at all times while modeling Christian values.
- Childcare experience is plus but not required.
- Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete and pass background checks and fingerprinting.
Health Insurance benefits are provided, partially paid for by Petra Preschool.
Paid Time Off
Annual Paid Summer Leave Week
Paid Trainings including CPR/ First Aid
Please, send your resume for an interview and to receive a digital application. If you are called in for an interview, please be prepared to share your Christian testimony with us to help us get to know you.