$10 – 15/hr
The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking passionate, caring and driven part time Early Childhood Teachers for our Whitefish Bay and Mequon campuses.
The JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of six facilities throughout Wisconsin, the JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
The Gan Ami Teacher is ultimately responsible for the creation of a positive, warm, individualized, nurturing environment for children, which encourages inquiry and open-ended thought. The Gan Ami Teacher will ensure that children are consistently treated with dignity, respect and compassion. Early Childhood Teachers will also promote, administer and improve the organization's mission statement and goals in functions including: program development, compliance with licensing standards, as well as supervision and implementation of the program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the JCC.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in effective interpersonal skills necessary to work with young children, parents/guardians, and other faculty.
- Skillful in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, scheduling, record keeping, classroom environmental design and arrangement, classroom management, physical safety of children, and communication with parents and colleagues.
- Knowledge and ability to develop and deliver curriculum in areas of music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development.
- Possess knowledge of current research and practices in early childhood education as well as developmentally appropriate practices, local and Wisconsin State minimum licensing requirements, and The National Association for the Education of Young Children's accreditation standards.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, work well in group problem solving situations and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to listen and seek clarification, respond effectively to questions, adapt to changes in the work environment and cope with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Ability to articulate the influences of Judaic culture and the Reggio Emilia-inspired philosophical approach to ECE to the educators and parents, be sensitive to cultural differences, demonstrate flexibility and enthusiasm in work style, create a positive and harmonious workplace, effective time management, understand individual leadership styles and its influence on the well-being of the department staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team with other faculty, staff members and the parents/guardians of children in our care, promote high standards of teaching and a favorable learning environment for young children.
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively and demonstrate maturity as well as the ability to get along with a variety of people.
- Ability to respond effectively to constructive criticism and give constructive feedback to team educators, and ensure that an environment which fosters maximum physical, social, cognitive and emotional development of children is developed and maintained.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching in an early childhood education setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, and Outlook.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR and MAT certifications.
What do we offer?
Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership. Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, and with it the wide array of programs, services, and activities available to our family of members.
- JCC Program Discounts. Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.