$15 – 25/hr
Coral Springs, FL
My son P is 11 and in 5th grade prepping for middle school. P has ADHD and has trouble focusing on comprehension, writing and organization. Additional needs include having a reliable car. Subject Areas: Test Prep, English.
$10 – 15/hr
North Bend, WA
North Bend family needs a part-time tutor for English.
Our oldest son has been attending school for the last two years to help with his reading skills and a little math, primarily word problems. We think he is at a point where is could benefit more from a more personal, one-on-one tutoring to reach his full potential. He just started middle school this year and reading will increasingly become more important so he doesn't fall behind and become not interested in school.
We do have a younger son that is in first grade and two pets, a cat and a dog.
$10 – 20/hr
We are seeking weekly tutoring for our 6th grader and 3rd grader. Subjects include English, Math and Science. We expect to have sessions 1 to 3 times per week for about 1-2 hours per session. We are flexible on specific days and times, but we are seeking a minimum of 2 sessions per week to start.
1. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, journalism to
middle school students, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools.
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative
regulations and procedures of Newport News Public Schools.
3. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans
that guide and challenge students.
4. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division's basic
instructional philosophy and congruent with course / SOL standards; provides individualized and
small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and
subgroups of students.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate
records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities
6. Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
7. Evaluates each student's progress in meeting the course standards for English skills (listening,
speaking, reading and writing).
8. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive
9. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and
helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
10. Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
11. Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
12. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
13. Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
14. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
1. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum
development meetings and other professional activities.
2. Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA, student
clubs and after-school activities.
3. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin
boards, and activity/learning centers.
4. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or another appropriate administrator.
$10 – 25/hr
Sweet bilingual (French/English) family of three boys in Birmingham, Michigan is looking for after-school supervision from around 2:30 p.m. to around 7 or 7:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, with driving to and from activities and general overseeing of homework, plus a lot of French speaking. Some light house duties. Flexibility in hours/pay. FRENCH speaker and willingness to focus on language a plus! Kids have had French speaking Au pairs for many years, but we no longer need care all day, which is where you come in! If you are a native French speaker or otherwise fluent and love spending time with kids who are smart, curious, fun and love to learn, we'd love to hear from you! Elementary, Middle School and High School ages - they love reading, sports, art, comic books, math, baking and science. Position could start in mid to late January 2019.
$15 – 25/hr
My son is in need of extra help with school work. He has a hard time completing tasks on his own. We are looking for a tutor once a week to work with him for at least an hour a week to catch up on missed assignments and/or help him understand his class work.
Care.com is the world's largest online destination for care. We connect families with caregivers and caring companies to help you be there for the ones you love.
Care.com does not employ any care provider or care seeker nor is it responsible for the conduct of any care provider or care seeker. Care.com provides information and tools to help care seekers and care providers connect and make informed decisions. However, each individual is solely responsible for selecting an appropriate care provider or care seeker for themselves or their families and for complying with all applicable laws in connection with any employment relationship they establish. The information contained in member profiles, job posts and applications are supplied by care providers and care seekers themselves and is not information generated or verified by Care.com. Care.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment or engage in any conduct that requires a professional license.