$16 – 20/hr
Pawsitive Dawg is rapidly growing and currently looking for fun, loving, reliable, and mature individuals to join our team of dedicated pet care professionals! We are looking for people who love animals and having a non-traditional schedule. We have two full time positions available.
*Experienced Pet Sitter that lives in our service area (Waltham, Belmont, Watertown, Lexington, Lincoln, Weston, or Newton) scheduled to work a minimum of 35+ hours each week 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday or Sunday-Friday (you may be scheduled to work half days on Saturdays or Sundays and one other day a week depending on client need but always have one weekend day off).
What we offer:
* A fun job where you get to be outside and exercise
* A job where you get to work with animals and their owners on a daily basis
* A job where you get to work independently
* Paid training
* Great hours with additional hours available
* Direct deposit
* Full bonding and liability insurance
* Established dog walking and pet sitting business
*You are paid a very competitive pay (depends on experience) paid weekly. Training is paid at minimum wage. Once you have finished training, the starting pay begins at $16.00/hr (you will make a minimum of $560/week). The more paid professional pet sitting experience you have, the higher your starting pay.
* You can make extra money if you are willing to provide overnight services.
* You will be reimbursed mileage according to the standard IRS rate of $0.56/mile (averages an extra $0.50-$3.00/hr.)
* You will receive a weekly cell-phone stipend of $0.25/hr..
* This is a very part-time job to start. Your schedule is based on client need. More visits will be available as your comfort grows and business continues to increase.
* A minimum of 6 months commitment is preferred. Temporary/Seasonal (e.g., summer) positions are NOT available.
* At least 2 years experience caring for animals
* Comfortable walking both big and small dogs for a mile or more
* Be comfortable providing dog walking services in all New England weather (i.e., rain, wind, sleet or snow) for 15 minutes up to an hour at a time and up to 6 miles per day
* Be able to quickly and efficiently respond to all inquiries from our team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be communicating directly with clients and the Pet Care Manager
* Must be extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude
* Follow a schedule provided by the Pet Care Manager
* Give all pets your undivided attention and love during your assigned visit
* Provide solo dog walks for private on-leash neighborhood walks
* Provide group dog walks for on-leash neighborhood walks
* Maintain control and ensure the safety of all of the animals under your watch
* Maintain security of our clients' homes during your assigned visit
* Pick up and properly dispose of all pet waste of the pets in your care
* Provide a daily note in our scheduling app with a photo following each visit to confirm services and to update the owner and Pawsitive Dawg of your visit