Community Happenings- 10/15/18
💬 Question of the week 💬
- 🌴How do you handle asking for time off for the holidays? 🌴
- Have a question you want to ask the Care.com Community? You can post it directly HIDDEN!
🔥📚 Community Highlights📚🔥
- Parents! Caregivers! I'm in need of advice... How can I address this situation?
- On the Park Bench: How this nanny turns everyday tasks into adventure and fun
- On the Park Bench: Mom of 7-turned child care provider shares her secrets for juggling multiple children
🗓 Upcoming Community events 🗓
- Keep an eye out for another great event happening in the Boston area on November 14th, led by our community leader Shateara!
🙌 Recent Community events 🙌
This past Thursday, our SF-based community leader Yoselin hosted a workshop in our Care.com Bay Area HQ on child development and educational resources for the Latina community in SF. It was a wonderful time! Below is a photo of all attendees, featuring two special guests: Sheila Lirio Marcelo (Care.com Founder & CEO) and David Krupinski (Care.com CTO).
📚 Latest recommended reads 📚
- How to get the work contract you deserve
- What 'Succession' And Sumner Redstone Can Teach Us About Planning Ahead For Senior Care
- BOOK REVIEW: The Unstable Identities of The Caregiver
🎉 And, finally… a big welcome to our newest mailing list superstars 🎉
- Lindsay - Part-time babysitter with over 10+ years’ experience from AZ
- Madison – Full-time Nanny from CA with over 10+ years’ experience
- Stacey – Part-time babysitter with 10+ years’ experience from CA
Thank you for helping us build a caregiver community at Care.com!
Have a great week!
Diane, Kali, and the Care.com Community Team