Morgan B.|Equinunk, PA
4 yrs exp
35 yrs old
I Don't Saw Things Like, "aw, Granny! You're So Cute!"
I have worked with older adults since middle school volunteering at an adult day program and at Wayne Menorial Hospital. Later, I worked professionally as a personal home care aid, a certified nursing assistant, & an activities aid in a nursing home setting.
Besides experience, here is what you should know;
1. I'm an adult. I'm not a 20something who needs to check her phone every 4 minutes.
2. I know how to be respectful, particularly to older adults or those with disabilities. There is no reason to speak louder to someone in a wheelchair (unless they tell you to.)
3. I write. I like to write stories about awesome life experiences. Usually by the end of the road, people have some good stories and advice they want to share. I am honored to help!
4. I am not a terrible cook.
5. I have fed people.
6. I'm very comfortable working with those diagnosed with dementia. The trick is engaging activities, sold routine, and patience squared.