Crafty Hack: Here's How to Turn Your Broken Crayons Into a Crayon Cupcake
Thanks to Education.com, here's a cool and crafty way for you to turn that box of broken crayons into a beautiful piece of art!
There's nothing more disappointing for a kid who's in the "coloring zone" than to go find nothing more than a bunch of broken crayons in their arts and crafts box.
But now there's a great way to turn that frown upside down -- by turning those broken crayons into a craft of their own!
According to Education.com, "This whimsical activity magically melts all the pieces together to create giant multi-colored crayons. Making these scrumptious-looking "cupcake crayons" will improve your child's color recognition and blending skills, while teaching her the importance of reusing and recycling."
This is a great activity that you can do with kids ages 4-6. Below, you'll find everything you need to have -- and know -- to get started.
- Broken crayon pieces (without wrappers)
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake/muffin tin
1) Preheat oven to 250° F.
2) Fill the lined cupcake tin with assorted crayon bits. Similar colors would probably work best, but allow your kiddo to experiment with different color combinations.
3) Put the tray into the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until the crayons are just melted.
4) Take the tin out of the oven and let the melted crayons cool.
4) Once cooled, you can remove the "cupcakes" from their liners.
Give it a shot! Your kiddo's bound to get a kick out of seeing all the color combinations she can come up with!
Want to see more crafty tips, tricks and hacks? Check out our Pinterest page !
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.