25 Reasons Dogs Are the Best Things on Earth
We list just a few of the amazing reasons why dogs are the best pets ever.
If you're a dog owner, you probably already know just how awesome dogs are. They fill your life with love, loyalty, fur and plenty to smile about.
Here are just a few more of the amazing and adorable reasons why dogs are the best pets in the world:
- They'll greet you like you've been gone a century when you only went out for a five-minute trip to the store.
- They keep your bed warm for you when it gets cold at night.
- Dogs will watch TV with you without hogging the remote.
- Dogs find the greatest joy in even the simplest of things, like a ride in the car.
- Dogs are the best because, unlike people (and most cats), they love you unconditionally.
- They know how to take awesome selfies.
- Dogs will inspire you to stop and sniff the flowers.
- They make a tough day at the office so much better. National Public Radio (NPR) reported that, according to a study published in the "International Journal of Workplace Health Management," bringing your dog to work can actually help relieve stress.
- And, according to the American Heart Association, owning a dog may even protect you from heart disease.
- Dogs make the best workout partners. They'll motivate you to get up and get moving but won't make you feel guilty when you just want to crash on the couch.
- Dogs are willing to put aside their differences and live in peace, even with their natural-born enemies.
- Owning a dog can help kids learn about responsibility and empathy.
- They love to snuggle and they're the best at it.
- Dogs always seem to know when you're feeling blue -- and they'll gladly share their favorite toy to cheer you up.
- They know how to make a big splash.
- A dog's sense of smell is so good, according to NPR, that there are clinical trials to test their ability to detect certain cancers.
- According to an article in Time, having a dog in your family can actually help prevent your kids from developing allergies.
- Dogs have some amazing athletic skills.
- Dogs can help you socialize and encourage you to get out and explore.
- Dogs will give you something to laugh and smile about every day.
- Whether you're roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel, dogs make great travel companions.
- Slobbery dog kisses are actually awesome.
- Dogs make celebrating holidays even more fun.
- They can make boring chores, like laundry, more enjoyable just by being adorable.
- Every day is an adventure when you share your life with a dog.
For more on why dogs are awesome, check out 15 Reasons That Life With Dogs Is the Best Way to Live.
What are some reasons why your own dog is the best? Share your stories in the comments!
Shahrzad Warkentin is a dog owner to an energetic rescue dog named Charlie. As a freelance writer, she has had several years of experience covering pet care and health. You can follow her on Twitter.