Sue Atkin’s practical Financial Tips for growing your Family
Five tips to free up some money for your family planning.
Almost half of the British parents stated they are or were concerned about their finances when considering growing their family. Parenting expert Sue Atkins shares her tips on how to welcome another child into the family without worrying about finances.
- Growing a family can be expensive. A quick and easy way to free up some money is to sell any old or unwanted items. Not only can you use the money to purchase things you need for a new child, but you’re also freeing up space in your home, which can get cluttered with a new addition!
- When you have a larger family, school holidays can be a challenge. It can be difficult to afford trips and outings to keep all of your children entertained, so I suggest adopting a ‘five jar system’. This is where you put £5 in a jar, once a week, or whenever you can afford, so that when the holidays do come around, you’re pleasantly surprised by how much you have to spend on treats and fun days out.
- It’s important to remember that you don’t always need to buy new when you’re growing a family. Don’t feel guilty about repurposing items such as cots, buggies, car seats or clothes. The money you would spend on new items can be better used by putting into a savings account for your child’s future, for quality childcare, tutoring, university fees or family holidays.
- Another simple way to save money is by changing your utility provider. It sounds very basic but you’ll be surprised by how much you could save by being diligent about bills.
- Planning ahead can be key to saving money when you have a large family. If you’re going on a day trip then pack a picnic, not only will this save you money but it also creates lovely memories, which your children will look back on fondly in the future.
About Sue Atkins
Sue Atkins is an internationally recognized parenting expert, broadcaster, speaker and author of the Amazon best-selling books “Parenting Made Easy – How to Raise Happy Children” and “Raising Happy Children for Dummies". She has just launched her new Parenting Club bursting with quick win videos, monthly webinars, including interviews with experts from around the world.
Sue produces ‘The Sue Atkins Parenting Show’, a free weekly podcast which is bursting with Sue’s practical ideas, techniques and down to earth strategies for raising happy, confident, resilient children with strong self-esteem. To receive her free eBooks bursting with practical tips and helpful advice from toddler to teen log on to www.theSueAtkins.com.
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.