Save for a specific group of people, winter gets old for most of us — perhaps even more so when you have kids. Sure, the magic of the first snowfall is pretty and building a snowman is fun, but after that, what are we left with? A messy house, lurking stomach viruses and kids who are climbing the walls with pent-up energy. No thanks.
From the amount of time it takes toddlers to put on snow pants to the aversion older kids seem to have to jackets, here are 19 tweets from parents that nail the agony of winter with kids.
1. Before and after
2. Why is this so difficult for kids to get?
3. Just throw some salt out there
4. Is time standing still?
5. “But I’m not cooooold”
6. “Still not cold”
7. Once in a while, though, they come around
8. Isn’t this cozy?
9. When you just want to hibernate
10. How many mittens can you go through in a month: A study
11. When you need to tack on an extra 30 minutes in the morning
12. One word: Oof
13. At least their folder won’t catch a cold
14. Bet you didn’t learn this in a parenting book
15. You might want to pull up a chair
16. But then there are moments like this …
17. Maybe this will get them to stop complaining
18. When the snow days are just too much
19. Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse