Like it or not, getting older is a part of life. While aging gracefully is definitely the goal, it’s not always the reality. If you’ve ever gotten out of bed and heard your joints create their own symphony or walked into a room and been unable to recall why you entered, you know that maturing isn’t for the faint of heart.
Maintaining a lifelong sense of humor is one way to stay young — in spirit at least. Even if it causes you to pull a muscle, laughing at the universal aches and pains that accompany aging can ease a bit of the discomfort.
Here are 15 funny memes that highlight some of the low points that accompany getting old.
1. When you still feel like a “miss,” but you’re mistaken for a “ma’am”…
3. Sometimes what you hear is more interesting than what was actually said…
4. Looking on the bright side always helps.
5. Mirror, mirror on the wall…I don’t recognize that face at all!
6. You’ve still got it!
7. Never mind those white whiskers.
8. As you get older, you perfect the ability to do two things at once!
9. You’ll also learn to pick your battles.
10. The body’s natural self-defense mechanism is hard at work.
11. Who knew your hearing and vision were intrinsically linked?
12. Safeguarding those secret recipes for future generations!
13. Seems like only yesterday you were adding that hit song to a mixed tape.