Hiring Caregivers Guide: Cost of Caregivers
Non-skilled (Companion/Personal Care) Assistance:
The national average hourly fee for a home aide is $18 with different state averages ranging from $15 - $25 if hired through an agency. In addition, agencies may charge cost differentials for care on weekends or holidays.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs):
A certified nursing assistant or certified nursing aide is usually hired by the hour and can work for just several hours a day or week, or work full-time. The average hourly rate is $19. The typical pay range is $15-$30 an hour through an agency.
Senior Care Calculator
Use our Senior Care Cost Calculator to determine the cost of care in your city and town
More Senior Care Services
- Call a Care.com Senior Care Advisor for more assistance: 855-490-8679
- Join in on Senior Care Conversations now! Read our informative Senior Care Blog.
- Caring for your kids AND an aging parent? Join our Sandwhich Generation Group.
- Are you caring for your parent from a distance? Have discussions with other Long Distance Senior Caregivers.
- Join our Senior Care Questions Group to get more of your questions answered and find caregivers similar to you
>>Review the Senior Care Index for all senior care options.
|Previous: Steps to Hire Senior Caregivers «||Next: Senior Caregiver Interview Tips »|
Find the senior care your loved one deserves
Get a FREE security system when you order an award-winning monitoring service from Protect America.
Get a Cash Offer Good for 30 Days! Free Shipping + Fast Payment. Lock in a Risk-Free Offer Today!
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Over 900,000 Procedures Performed. Get 20% off LASIK today! Locations Nationwide.