Hiring Caregivers Guide: Cost of Caregivers
Non-skilled (Companion/Personal Care) Assistance:
The national average hourly fee for a home aide is $18 with different state averages ranging from $15 - $25 if hired through an agency. In addition, agencies may charge cost differentials for care on weekends or holidays.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs):
A certified nursing assistant or certified nursing aide is usually hired by the hour and can work for just several hours a day or week, or work full-time. The average hourly rate is $19. The typical pay range is $15-$30 an hour through an agency.
Senior Care Calculator
Use our Senior Care Cost Calculator to determine the cost of care in your city and town
More Senior Care Services
- Call a Care.com Senior Care Advisor for more assistance: 855-490-8679
- Join in on Senior Care Conversations now! Read our informative Senior Care Blog.
- Caring for your kids AND an aging parent? Join our Sandwhich Generation Group.
- Are you caring for your parent from a distance? Have discussions with other Long Distance Senior Caregivers.
- Join our Senior Care Questions Group to get more of your questions answered and find caregivers similar to you
>>Review the Senior Care Index for all senior care options.
|Previous: Steps to Hire Senior Caregivers «||Next: Senior Caregiver Interview Tips »|
Find the senior care your loved one deserves
Finally! A Help Button that can automatically call for help. In an emergency, every second counts.
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Find Answers to your elderlaw questions.