Back to School Guide: School Prep Checklist
Use this printable cheat sheet to keep your back to school goals in sight.
The kids get their list of school supplies each fall. Why should they have all the fun?
Here's what you'll need in terms of supplies, information and systems to get your school year off right:
Supplies to buy:
- 3-ring binder
- Large plastic envelope
- Pocket folders for each child
- Clear protector sheets
- Index sheets
- Label maker
- Paper calendar
- Cubbies or drawers for activities
- Printer paper
- High lighters
- Needles & Thread for last minute rips
Info to gather:
- Medical forms (originals and 5 copies, original also scanned into computer)
- Class list (hard copy & electronic)
- Emergency contact info (make hard and electronic copies for your home, cell, caregiver and kids)
- Activity dates and times plus carpool info (hard copy & electronic)
- After school care and activities lined up
- Vacation days highlighted in your home (paper) calendar and electronic calendar with a caregiver plan at least 3 months in advance
Technology to help:
- Electronic calendar
- Downloadable apps such as ReQuall, The Agenda Widget, or See-Fi Calendar
- Homework checked
- Tests signed
- School forms reviewed
- Calendar reviewed and updated
- Email to confirm playdates, carpool, etc.
- Lunches packed
- Clothes laid out
- Uniforms, instruments near back pack
- Check the Family Binder
- Check outbox for last-minute items
- Run through the day with kids, caregiver, spouse
- Breathe. Smile. You're doing great!
|Previous: Finding Time to Get Involved «|
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Get flexible, affordable childcare you can trust like family from the leading au pair agency.
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
We bring learning & fun together in a safe, convenient & nurturing environment before & after school
Come see what's new at KinderCare.