25 Reasons Dogs Are the Best Things on Earth
We list just a few of the amazing reasons why dogs are the best pets ever.
If you're a dog owner, you probably already know just how awesome dogs are. They fill your life with love, loyalty, fur and plenty to smile about.
Need a dog sitter? Find one in your area now.
Here are just a few more of the amazing and adorable reasons why dogs are the best pets in the world:
- They'll greet you like you've been gone a century when you only went out for a five-minute trip to the shop.
- They keep your bed warm for you when it gets cold at night.
- Dogs will watch TV with you without hogging the remote.
- Dogs find the greatest joy in even the simplest of things, like a ride in the car.
- Dogs are the best because, unlike people (and most cats), they love you unconditionally.
- They know how to take awesome selfies.
- Dogs will inspire you to stop and sniff the flowers.
- They make a tough day at the office so much better. National Public Radio (NPR) reported that, according to a study published in the "International Journal of Workplace Health Management," bringing your dog to work can actually help relieve stress.
- And, according to the American Heart Association, owning a dog may even protect you from heart disease.
- Dogs make the best workout partners. They'll motivate you to get up and get moving but won't make you feel guilty when you just want to crash on the couch.
- Dogs are willing to put aside their differences and live in peace, even with their natural-born enemies.
- Owning a dog can help kids learn about responsibility and empathy.
- They love to snuggle and they're the best at it.
- Dogs always seem to know when you're feeling blue -- and they'll gladly share their favorite toy to cheer you up.
- They know how to make a big splash.
- A dog's sense of smell is so good, according to NPR, that there are clinical trials to test their ability to detect certain cancers.
- According to an article in Time, having a dog in your family can actually help prevent your kids from developing allergies.
- Dogs have some amazing athletic skills.
- Dogs can help you socialise and encourage you to get out and explore.
- Dogs will give you something to laugh and smile about every day.
- Whether you're roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel, dogs make great travel companions.
- Slobbery dog kisses are actually awesome.
- Dogs make celebrating holidays even more fun.
- They can make boring chores, like laundry, more enjoyable just by being adorable.
- Every day is an adventure when you share your life with a dog.
What are some reasons why your own dog is the best? Share your stories in the comments!
Read Next: How to Keep Weight Off Your Dog
Read Next: Getting A Check-Up for Your Dog
Shahrzad Warkentin is a dog owner to an energetic rescue dog named Charlie. As a freelance writer, she has had several years of experience covering pet care and health.
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.