Ah, parent-teacher conferences. A time to get to know the teacher on a more personal level. A time to find out what your kid really is up to in school all day. Also, a time to be… completely thrown for a loop?! (“Quiet?” “Helpful?” Seriously, who is this child you’re speaking of, Teach?)
From less-than-stellar teacher reports to the bizarre quirks that accompany virtual conferences, here are 16 tweets from moms and dads who have big feelings about parent-teacher conferences.
1. When your kid wears rose-colored glasses — to a fault.
2. Is it OK to grease the teacher?
3. Oh, how you flatter us, kiddos!
4. Sometimes you just need a little confidence boost.
5. Wait, you sure you have the right kid?
6. Don’t judge. We’ll take any praise we can get.
7. Biting, Ivy League schools — what’s the diff?
8. Hey, at least they’re honest.
9. The only thing missing is a fanny pack.
10. That’s great, but… why isn’t he like that at home?!
11. There’s a first time for everything.
12. Um, it’s better than no pants?
13. No idea where he got that from.
14. She probably saw it on TV or something.
15. When the apple falls far from the tree.
16. Is this in the first half of the year or the second?