Do you have a passion to help others? Compassionate Home Care invites you to join our team! Our office staff and caregivers work together every day to deliver quality care and exceptional services. Whether it's adult home care or elder care, the people who make up Compassionate Home Care are our greatest assets.
* Health insurance for full time (32+ hours/week)
* Shift pick up incentives
* Referral bonuses
* Life insurance for full time (32+ hours/week)
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be ethical.
* Able to take written and verbal direction.
* Caregiver/Direct Care Staff - 1 year (Preferred).
* PCA - 1 Year (Preferred).
* CNA - 1 Year (Preferred).
* Must have a valid Minnesota drivers license in good standing.
* Access to own vehicle.
* Able to travel to the client's home.
* Proof of vehicle liability insurance.
* Ability to demonstrate good judgement and observation skills.
* Background in mental health/special education preferred, but not required.
* Must pass background check.
* 2 references.
* Verifiable work history.
* Bring past work references to the interview.
Primary responsibilities will be conducted in the client's own home.
Direct Care Staff responsibilities may include:
* Assist with personal cares as identified in the client care plan.
* Assisting with dressing, grooming, oral care, bathing/showering, fingernail cares and foot cares.
* Assisting with ambulation transfers.
* Assisting with use of commode, urinal, toilet, and with adult incontinence products if assigned.
* Prepare meals as directed.
* Help each client to reach and maintain his/her highest level of performance and independence.
* Must promote client's independence, not dependence, by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
Homemaker services include:
* Maintain a clean environment for clients.
* Dust, vacuum, mop and other household chores as scheduled and assigned.
* Home management.
* Arranging for transportation.
* Meal preparation.
* Shopping for food, clothing and supplies.
* Simple household repairs.
* Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
* Homemakers may monitor the person's well-being while in the home, including home safety.
Companion services include:
* Attend a movie with the person to practice coping skills to manage his or her social anxiety.
* Go with the person to a community event to reduce his or her social isolation
* Play a board game with the person to enhance his or her fine motor skills.
* Provide verbal instructions or cues to the person to help him or her complete a task.
* Assist or supervise the person with tasks such as laundry, light housekeeping, meal preparation and shopping.