$13 – 15/hr
The Cypress of Charlotte is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the Southpark area in Charlotte, NC. We currently have vacancies for Home Health Certified Nursing Assistants/CNAs.
PRN: M - F, 8 AM to 4 PM
PRN: M - F, 10 PM to 8 AM
PRN: M - F, 4 PM to 10 PM
*Must work Every other Weekend
Our CNAs are responsible for working with our independent living residents, providing quality assistance with activities of daily living, in addition to the following duties:
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, shaving, and dressing, brushing hair, brushing teeth and dentures, placing hearing aids, placing dentures, and placing glasses.
- Respond promptly to all call lights and requests for assistance from resident.
- Assist with meal services, including distribution of trays, set up of tray, assistance with eating, responding to special requests or requests for additional items and distribution of snack cart items.
- Properly document all ADL flow records, bowel and bladder function, repositioning sheets, sign out sheets, meal intake, intake and output sheets.
- Obtain resident vitals and weight upon admission as well as provide general introduction and orientation to new members.
- Maintain resident rooms in a manner that is clean and orderly, including making the bed, marking and keeping personal toiletries in the medicine cabinet on the appropriate shelf, maintaining a clear floor, placing clothing in appropriate wardrobe, maintaining a clean over bed table and removing all soiled linens from room.
- Provide range of motion for all assigned residents per guidelines and maintain documentation.
- Assist with activities as it relates to the cognitive ability and enjoyment of a dementia resident.
- Engage the resident in reminiscence activities.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!
Must have valid NC CNA license and completion of training course.
Minimum 2 years of experience.
Experience in geriatrics, and with Dementia and Alzheimer's preferred.
Ability to observe changes in a resident's condition and to act as required for resident's total care.
Demonstrate understanding, patience, tact, respect and courtesy in dealing with residents, family and visitors.
Proficient skills and knowledge of CNA duties and responsibilities.
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral instructions in English.
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.