What should I pay my caregiver?
What impacts pay rates
Several factors can impact what you pay from type of care to location. First calculate your basic pay rate. Then adjust your rate as needed with the factors listed below.
Amount of care
- Do you need a live-in nurse, part-time caregiver or just the occasional helper?
- If you only need part-time help, is it for the same days and times each week?
- Major metropolitan areas tend to have higher rates than rural areas.
- Suburbs can also have higher rates than rural areas, especially if they serve a large commuter population and are near a major city.
- Asking your caregiver to help with things like transportation may increase costs or require reimbursement.
- Basic tidying up and day-to-day functions may be included in your rate-just be sure your caregiver knows what your expectations are.
- Experienced caregivers get paid more than those with less experience. Paying more for experience can get you someone who better fits your needs.
- Hiring someone with specific certifications or licensing (such as licensed social workers) may cost more.
Let's get started!
Refine your search, check
references and more.
Join free today
Sign up now! It only takes a few minutes.
I'd like to...
Who needs care?
What type of ?
When do you need ?
What services do you offer?
What best describes you?
Last, but not least...
Fill in the blanks to create your account.
Thanks—you're almost there.
Create your login below.
- The Senior Care Guide: Cost of Senior Care
- What's Wrong With Hiring My Senior Caregiver as an Independent Contractor?
- The 3 Most Common Concerns When Paying For Senior Care
- The Cost of Senior Care
- Care Options for our Aging Parents
- How to Hire In-Home Care for Your Senior?
- Senior Caregiver Interview Tips
- 9 Ways to Make Better and Safer Hiring Decisions
More Care Options
Help in Top Cities
- Senior Care in Houston, TX
- Senior Care in Chicago, IL
- Senior Care in Philadelphia, PA
- Senior Care in Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Care in San Antonio, TX
- Senior Care in Miami, FL
- Senior Care in San Diego, CA
- Senior Care in Orlando, FL
- Senior Care in Atlanta, GA
- Senior Care in Dallas, TX
- Senior Care in Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Care in Charlotte, NC
- Senior Care in New York, NY
- Senior Care in Denver, CO
- Senior Care in Austin, TX
- Senior Care in Minneapolis, MN
- Senior Care in Seattle, WA
- Senior Care in Washington, DC
- Senior Care in San Francisco, CA
- Senior Care in Boston, MA