Ashlyn O.|Dublin, CA
10 yrs exp
32 yrs old
Loves Kids; Looking For Babysitting Evenings And Weekends
I have 10 years of child care experience for newborn, toddler and school age. I am comfortable caring for children of all ages. I also have experience traveling with parents and overnight care duties. I have experience traveling alone with child internationally. I have house managing skills and I am great at organizing.
I have taken child development classes, First Aid and CPR for adult/infant/child. I am always looking to better my knowledge of child care/child development. I attended College of San Mateo, and I transferred to Diablo Valley College. I am majoring in Psychology with an associate teaching credential. My future plans are to open my own daycare business/counseling young teens and family counseling.
I have been pre-screened by a local nanny placement agency; clean driving record, and TB tested.
My nanny philosophy and child centered approach to activities are the following:
- I respect the rules put in place by the family and tailor child-centered activities based on what the rules allow.
- I introduce arts and crafts/creative fun projects (always age appropriate), going for walks/outings; discovering new parks, local libraries, museums, book stores, play groups (parent approved), zoo visits, playing kick ball, etc., as well as the child's extracurricular activities.
- I educate myself based upon the child's age and stay current on the next ages/stages of growth before they occur.
- I maintain friendly relationships with the families I have worked for. I am still a part of former employer's lives; called upon to babysit in the evenings, asked to travel with the family on weekends and invited to birthday parties, etc.
- I love the contact because it not only allows me to stay in touch with the family but also creates a way to be a small part of the children's lives.
- I love being a nanny and consider it a privilege to work with wonderful Bay area families.
- I am professional, mature, warm, reliable, consistent and outgoing.
- I have volunteered with a foundation for about 10+ years now.
- I love outdoor activities and am very active; snowboarding; camping, horseback riding and swimming are my current favorites.
- I am very family oriented and spend time with my family often.