$10 – 15/hr
1. Provides basic personal care such as assisting with bathing (tub or shower), toileting, including use and care of bedpan, urinal, commode or toilet, personal and oral hygiene, ambulation, exercise, skin care, hair care, dressing and grooming and other activities of daily living and related tasks, as may be required by client's needs.
2. Maintains a clean and safe environment within the client's home, including client's laundry, changing the client's linen, washing client's dishes, cleaning client's room, kitchen and bathroom, ensuring a safe and sanitary environment in the home.
3. Remind and assist client with medications. Assist with self administration of medications. Manage and / or administer medications as directed by a Registered Nurse.
4. Assistance with getting in and out of bed, mobility, simple transfers, including bed to chair and/or wheelchair or the reverse, ambulation including use of a walker, cane or crutches, and other exercises as client may require.
5. Provides for proper and safe care of all client's residence, belongings, clothing and valuables.
6. Plan, purchase, prepare and serve meals, based on client's preferences and special dietary needs, seeing to adequate well-balanced nutrition. May need to assist with eating.
7. Providing transportation and/or accompanying the client on medical appointments and treatments, shopping, errands, social events, and other miscellaneous travel.
8. Promote client's independence in the home setting, provide physical, emotional and environmental support and maintain the self-respect and dignity of the client and family that is being helped, keeping medical, personal and financial matters confidential.
9. Follows a written Service Care Plan as directed by in-home care supervisor and provides assistance in updating the Service Care Plan as the client's status changes.
10. Notifies the in-home care supervisor and/or Nursing Supervisor of any incidents or accidents IMMEDIATELY. In the event of an emergency or other problem situation, seeks immediate help and/or guidance.
11. Makes pertinent observations, reports significant changes in client status and records observations and tasks accomplished as directed by the in-home care supervisor.
12. Prepare accurate and timely documentation and maintains confidentiality regarding clients and their family, other health care personnel and documentation.
13. Maintains professional standards in all activities, conduct and dress.
14. Performs additional duties assigned in response to client needs, and as directed by the in-home care supervisor.