I am looking for a part-time tutor for a third grader who struggles with reading fluency, decoding, and comprehension.
The ideal tutor is someone who:
- is adaptive and can provide different strategies to support my daughter's learning.
- is certified to teach lower elementary in the State of Colorado.
- has experience working with children with learning deficiencies.
- is certified or knowledgeable with the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- can integrate the use of art and creativity into tutoring.
The tutor would be responsible for helping my daughter with homework (or at least understanding the concepts being reinforced through homework.), providing strategies to help with reading fluency and comprehension, and helping her acquire other skills as deemed necessary.