Learning Cottage Preschool
21 Douglas Ave,
Starting at $350/wk
I am Shabana, mother of 3 children, certified curriculum coordinator, director and lead teacher for children, aged birth to 8 years. I have 18 yrs of experience in early childhood education.
Learning Cottage is a curriculum and theme based licensed family daycare and aftercare for toddlers through preschoolers. We provide a fun and play-based learning environment for little learners to develop their cognitive, motor, social, and emotional skills. My daughter attended the school for three years and our graduates have demonstrated excellent results in the classroom and beyond. I am proud to say our alums have gone on to win state-level awards in math and science.
I believe good health is equally important so we provide healthy and nutritious snacks and meals. If your child is a fussy eater, this is the place to be as we use encouraging techniques to help them learn to eat independently.
Our teachers are warm, attentive, caring, kind, experienced, and licensed by the DEEC. We have a diverse body of students and teachers and languages spoken in school besides English are Spanish, French, Arabic, Nepali, Urdu, and Hindi.
Weather permitting, we take kids out to our huge, safe and fenced playground for play, nature walks, birds watching, water play (summer) and many more fun activities. We also have short dance and Zumba sessions every day. Don't be surprised if your non-dancer kid asks you to dance with them at home!
Things to know:
- We encourage only potty trained kids (including kids with special needs) but diaper is provided if they need it for nap time.
- We take kids on field trips once a month (every week in summer).
- We celebrate birthdays and encourage parents to participate.
- Kids' worksheets and progress reports are sent home every Friday.
- Lesson plans are shared with parents the first day of each week.
- Ideas or suggestions from parents/staff are welcome and highly valued.
- We celebrate festivals across many cultures.
- We have tons of puzzles (beginner level to age 8), blocks, Legos, learning & educational toys, pretend play, and books.
- The center is cleaned and toys are sanitized every day.
- We provide half day, full day, and after-care programs.
- Transportation options available if needed.
-President' s Day,
-New Year's Day.
Thank you for considering Learning Cottage Preschool.
We look forward to meeting you and your lit