We rent out our Lake home to help cover it's costs to own. Have rented for past 11 years. Our cleaning person is retiring. Peak season from Memorial thru Labor day typically Friday check out 12 noon and check in by 5 p.m. 1800 sq feet, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, rest of living space.
1) Review to make sure renters left cottage clean. They are required to rough clean before they leave. Note: on bill what was not cleaned by renters.
2) Review to see if you find or notice anything broken. Note: on bill anything found broken.
3) Clean entire interior of cottage that was missed by our guests.
4) If time permits, focus on an area at a time for deep clean. I. e scrub kitchen floor, murphy oil soap cabinets,
5) Make sure trash cans are in the correct location.
6) Open communication with owner.