$20 – 22/hr
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Center Director, Assistant Director (where applicable) and the Recreation Services Coordinator/Supervisor, assists with the daily operations of a center in the Recreational Licensed Child Care Program while adhering to all Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care licensing requirements and following the policies and procedures as outlined in the Department Staff Manual.
1. Be a positive role model.
2. Communicate clearly and courteously with school personnel, parents and children. Communicate effectively with Director and other center staff. Actively and responsibly supervise children at all times.
3. Accept responsibility for the physical safety and emotional well-being of the children.
4. Inspect all areas used by children on a daily basis for potentially hazardous conditions.
5. Wear Howard County name badge and staff shirt at ALL times and dress appropriately for taking an active role with children (closed toed shoes). Take an active role with the children daily.
6. Plan activities for a well-rounded program, giving directives based on fairness and consistency daily.
7. With an aide, lead a group of 30 children with planned activities such as sports, games, arts and crafts, special events, and social activities. Actively and responsibly supervise children at all times, while consistently following RLC disciplinary procedures and enforce all rules in a positive manner. Accept responsibility for the physical safety and emotional well-being of the children.
8. Assist in setting up and taking down equipment and cleaning up area.
9. Consistently follow RLC disciplinary procedures, center rules and Office of Child Care regulations, enforcing all rules, policies and procedures in a positive manner and giving directives based on fairness and consistency daily.
10. Insure proper staff and child ratio, while maintaining accurate attendance at ALL TIMES, by updating as children arrive and leave.
11. Complete and turn in accident and incident reports immediately to the Director. Report accidents, property damage, or major disciplinary problems to the site Director as soon as possible. Ensure that all accident and incident reports are accurate and complete and turned into RLC coordinator within 24 hours. MSDE Office of Child Care must be notified within 24 hours of any injury.
12. Follow the Department's Customer Service Standards, as detailed in the Employee Manual.
13. Complete and submit an accurate timecard of hours worked and turn in on time each week in accordance with the RLC Calendar.
14. Must be available to work Optional Full Day Programs throughout the school year. Need to be available for two of the three Optional Full Day week-long programs (Winter Break, Spring Break and the week after school ends).
15. Assist the Director/Assistant Director with any required paperwork.
16. Attend the following trainings:
- Pre-employment orientation
- All mandatory, staff and other meetings as requested by the Site Director
RLC Teacher - Page 2
17. Successfully complete and turn in a certificate for
- Concussion training (within first month of employment)
- Applicable NIMS training (within first month of employment)
- Basic Health and Safety
- Covid-19 Training
18. Complete application for MSDE Credentialing within first 3 months of employment.
19. Must assist with toileting.
20. Substitute at any RLC site as needed by the RLC Supervisor.
21. Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director or RLC Supervisor.
22. If applicable, properly maintain the minimum hours for the applicable M2/M3 status while not exceeding 39 work hours in a week.
23. Works and cooperates with co-workers and supervisors at all levels.
24. Learns and performs all essential job functions accurately.