$10 – 25/hr
Des Plaines, IL
Looking for Immediate Hire of a Care Giver in St. Charles, IL
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Caregiver is a non-professional employee, trained to provide personal care and related services in the home. She/he functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Clinical Manager/Supervisor.
By following the Care Plan completed by the supervisor, the Caregiver will be responsible to provide the following:
1. Performing personal care tasks that may include bathing, skin care, hair care, nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, feeding, and toileting.
2. Assists in maintaining a clean, healthful and safe home environment.
3. Plans and prepares nutritious meals; performs routine housekeeping tasks.
4. Uses safe transfer and ambulation techniques.
5. Responsible for following policy regarding client medication reminders.
6. Maintains basic hygiene and infection control and prevention procedures.
7. Recognizes emergencies both personal and environmental; knowledge of emergency procedures including basic first aid and implementation of a client's emergency preparedness plan.
8. Establishes a relationship with client and family to promote trust and respect.
9. Recognizes signs of elder abuse or neglect and follows proper reporting processes.
10. Observes, reports, and documents client status and the service furnished, including changes in functional ability and mental status demonstrated by the client.
11. Exhibits good communication skills with the clients who are hard of hearing, have dementia, or have other special needs.
12. Follows Agency confidentiality policy to include client's personal, financial and health information.
13. Respects clients rights, privacy and property.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
-Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing client care, which includes ambulation and transferring of the client according to proper body mechanics.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
-Has emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client/family/caregivers and Agency personnel.
- Completion of the 9th grade; prefer high school graduate.
- Ability to communicate well verbally, read and write consistent with job requirements.
-Is approved on the IDPH's Health Care Worker Registry as "Approved" to work as an In-Home Services Worker.
-Current Illinois driver's license with proof of automobile insurance on personal vehicle for business use or alternate reliable transportation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with In-Home Health care or related health care field preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time