$20 – 30/hr
Moreno Valley, CA
1. Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
2. Providing patient and family with positive communication techniques, within realm of ethical and respectful care, including confidentiality.
3. Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, 02 etc.)
4. Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
5. Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
6. Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
7. Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
8. Taking and recording oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
9. Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
10. Assessing and reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the Case
Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and
11. Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
12. Provide normal range of motion and transfers/positioning as directed.
13. Assistance with self-administered medications as allowed by state regulations, such as "reminders."
14. Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
15. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
16. Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
17. Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
18. Adhering to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of
personal and professional conduct.
19. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
20. Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.