We are a family of 5, the kids are 4, 9 and 12. Our 4 yr old has ASD but is very high functioning.
We're looking for someone to watch our 4-year-old and possibly pick up or 9-year-old from school on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays (school is 1 mile away, close enough to walk). The older kids (9, 12) are much more self sufficient and don't need full time care.
*The ideal candidate will be energetic (our 4-year-old does not sit still).
* Willing to work with a Specialist on some days.
* Keep him on track for his skills that he's learning.
* Be firm, but gentle .
* Understanding of autism and it's many faces and facets.
* Be willing to tidy up after him and with him.
* Help with the potty training process (he's getting there, but it's a slower process for him).
* Help him interact with the older kids, if he's asking for them.