Melissa S.|Wantage, NJ
2 yrs exp
48 yrs old
I am a CNA. I am a responsible, compassionate and patient, English speaking woman looking for employment opportunity in the senior healthcare/companion service. I have experience in caring for Alzheimer's and Dementia. The duties that I am willing to perform are feeding, bathing, changing soiled clothing, diapers and linens, ambulation, provide range of motion exercises, give oral hygiene, measuring and recording I&O, vitals and other pertinent information for senior's RN or doctor.
I'm a reliable nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings, looking for Nursing Assistant position at a hospital, nursing home or LTC facility, to utilizes my skills in providing direct patient care in order to help residents lead dignified lives. Future goals include education leading to a CMA license and BLS certification. I am currently in the process of obtaining my Pennsylvania CNA transfer license.
Certified Nursing Assistant and Transport Aide, 2014 to Present
* Experience with various medical conditions including, Dementia, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, Cancer, Chemical dependency, and Psychiatric disorders
* Assisted patients with daily activities including oral care, bathing, feeding, positioning elimination, ambulation, vital signs and other duties as assigned
* Assisted residents to and from doctor appointment.
* Familiar with tri-state area Doctors , hospitals, proper medical procedure s paperwork, and logistics.
* Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients status.
* Encouraged participation in activities
* Assisted Physical Therapist and residents in rehabilitation techniques
* Assist with care of long term, short term residents, and end of life care.
* Observed and reported patient s status and needs
* Updated intake and output tallies and measured output via urinary catheter or collection
* Demonstrated respect and regard to the dignity