We are looking for a long term care giver for our 2 children. We would prefer a babysitter who has their own car, who does not smoke, who is willing to drive children and who is CPR certified. Hours will be 2:30p - 7:30p daily. 25 hrs a week will be fixed weekly pay, with paid vacation time and paid bank holidays. Full job description listed below.
There is also the opportunity to work additional hours for an hourly rate : School half days, Mornings (7-9a) when one parent is traveling for work, etc.
1. Pick up 2 children from elementary school (walking distance from the house) at 3 p.m.
2. Care for children until relieved by the parents. This includes: Giving children healthy snacks, taking children to park or play dates (as directed), supervising children, playdates, or tracking their whereabouts
3. Ensure children complete homework, school projects, or reading assignments as appropriate
4. Take the children to sports practice & hockey practice (Sept to March). This will entail ensuring equipment is packed, and kids are dressed, etc.
5. Light housekeeping and errands as directed such as laundry, loading/unloading dishwasher, organizing, keeping the 1st floor clean, directing children to clean up after themselves, and Some limited miscellaneous errands may include pharmacy, dry-cleaning, and trips to the grocery store
6. Preliminary meal preparation, both for kids and adults.