$15 – 26/hr
About who needs care: 1. Hard of hearing and vision impaired.
2. Long history of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, controlled with periodic outpatient "chemotherapy".
3. A bit unsteady on her feet, but able to ambulate on her own.
4. Hobbies are difficult due to vision impairment, but she has been an avid reader and now listens to books on tape.
5. Mentally, she is quite "with it" for a 94 yo.
6. She would like to have someone make her bed, pick up around the house (she tends to drop things), prepare a simple breakfast (coffee, toast with jam, bacon with biscuit, etc.), wipe off her kitchen counter, clean up any spills on the floor, and set her up with something to easily prepare for lunch or dinner.
7. She can handle her own medications and personal care, but might want someone in the house when she showers in case she slips (handrails are installed and within reach).
8. Three of her adult children live in the area, so there is usually someone around in case the caregiver has questions or needs assistance.
About the care needs: 1. Should be patient and understanding of her limitations.
2. Should be willing and able to cook simple meals to her liking.
3. We might like someone middle aged or older (not a deal breaker)
4. Prefer someone who speaks English clearly, in view of her impaired hearing.
Services needed include: meal preparation, errands / shopping, and light housekeeping.