Melissa J.|Palmerton, PA
6 yrs exp
Part-Time Provider: Housekeeper, Pet Care, Childcare, And Companion
Currently, I am a full-time graduate student at Kutztown University. I have experience with customer service and human services. I have worked with children and families and adults with intellectual disabilities. Currently, I am doing my internships at a homeless shelter for pregnant woman and children. I have a cat and a dog, so I am comfortable around animals. I have all of my current background checks and references are available upon request! Below you will find my formal work history and educational background.
December 2012-June 2014 The Institute for Human Resources and Services:
* Managed the daily operations of four community living homes.
* Manages employees working in the community living homes.
* Develops support plans, protocols, and goals for 16 adults with intellectual disabilities.
* Works closely with each consumer's supports coordinator, doctors, mental health providers, and day programs.
November 2010-November 2012 Children and Youth Service: -County Caseworker 2
* Investigated reports of child abuse and neglect.
* Connected families to available community resources.
* Completed home visits on a daily basis.
* Worked closely with children's schools, doctors, and other community supports.
April 2006- January 2011 Ruby Tuesday:
* Served guests in a timely manner.
* Maintained the upkeep of the dining area and kitchen.
* Assisted the manger with closing duties.
-Masters of Social Work, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA, (expected May 2015)
-Honors: Phi Alpha, National Social Work Honor Society
-Internship: Concern Counseling Services, Fleetwood, PA, 450 hours
-Internship: Mary's Shelter Cay Galgon Center, Bethlehem, PA, 450 hours
-B A., Social Work, Marywood University, Scranton, PA, 2010
-Honors: Alpha Delta Mu, National Social Work Honor Society
-Selected Achievement: Semi finalist for The Jenkins-Colis Gilroy Medal for Excellence
-Internship: United Neighborhood Centers, Scranton, PA, 450 hours