Ray M.|Bulverde, TX
10 yrs exp
Compassionate Dog And Cat Sitter Available For In-Home/Overnight Care. I Love Meeting New Animals And Will Love Them As I Love My Own!
Booked 1 time
Hi there, I'm Ray.
I've loved having and caring for my pets my whole life. I only wish they could live as long as we're supposed to.
I recently pet/house sat for three dogs and two cats. "Luther" has lupus and needed medication daily. "Lady" a beautiful Weimaraner, has a bad knee and needed daily pain medication. Then there's the two kitties..."Spike" and "Lt". Spike is 16 and has cancer, but was in great spirits while I was there.
* Unfortunate update, sweet little Spike has passed away.
* Lt was hardly visible, and discovered it was because the dogs like chasing him. As scared and timid as he was, I was able to get him to come to me, lay against me, love on me, as if it was nothing. BREAKTHROUGH!!!
About me: I'm a Chef School graduate with 25 grueling years in the restaurant business. I now have chronic back and hip pain, and need to make a living with something that's less destructive to my body.
I have a wonderful 20 yr. old son, whom I adore and love dearly. I have two cats, Koda, and her daughter Midnight. I bonded with Koda, even though my girlfriend told me she doesn't like men. My girlfriend, suddenly passed away on November 15, 2012.
Me and my "girls" being together, helped us get through this tragedy. She had me promise to take care of them in the event if something happened. Even if I didn't promise, they would still be with me and loved just the same.
This may be considered too much information, and possibly crossing over professionalism, but I'm an overly honest open book, and these specifics will hopefully give people an idea of my intended sincerity in caring for their furry loved ones, as well as respect them, and your property.
My interests: I love my music. Used to play guitar, and I really hope to get back into it. Comedy is my favorite thing to watch, and mimic! I make it an everyday part of my life. It keeps me grounded. I quote funny bits all the time, but I can also be very professional.
I love to BBQ, especially smoking my gluten free pizzas on my grill. I do have Celia disease, therefore everything I eat has to be gluten free.
And I love sharing my ideas and knowledge concerning food and it's preparation.
* I'll water plants, take out trash and recyclables, bring in paper and mail, and might be open to some light cleaning. That depends on the physical demand.
* POSSIBLE light preparation and cooking!
* I also enjoy running errands, and can transport pets or your kiddos, to and from.
Thank you for reading my book of a profile!
Thank you again if you made it all the way through!