Joanna L D.|Sewell, NJ
10 yrs exp
39 yrs old
Fun Summer Care
I have been caring for children for the last 10+ years. I have watched children between the ages of 6 weeks to 12 years. Some things I have done while caring for children include housework, running errands, taking children to their activities, and meal preparation.
I recently graduated from college with a business degree and am currently in the process of getting my P3 certificate as a NJ State Certified Teacher.
I recently left my job at a local daycare to work one-on-one with families on a more personal level. At the daycare, I was the 2/3-year-old afternoon teacher that assisted the children with potty training techniques and followed the teachers lesson plans of the morning into the afternoon.
Potty training is not a problem.
When caring for the children, I try and follow a routine. See the example shown below:
- 8:00-8:20 Unpack, settle in for the day. Eat breakfast if needed.
- 8:20-8:40 Talk about the day of the week, month, and weather.
- 8:40-9:10 Work on letters in a way that is age appropriate for each child.
- 9:10-945 Play time.
- 9:45-10:00 Snack.
- 10:00-10:30 Story time
- 10:30-11:00 Letter recognition and beginning reading
- 11:00-11:30 Music time
- 11:30-11:50 Numbers/Math
- 11:50-12:20 Lunch
- 12:20-2:00 Nap
- 2:00-2:45 Craft time
- 2:45-3:00 Reviewing things we learned about in the day from the day of the week and weather to letters and numbers
- 3:00-5:00 Free time
This schedule is something that will be reworked depending on the age of the child. I stress learning activities as early as possible.
I have references are available upon request.