Live In Family/Personal Care Assistant Needed in Villanova to help care for two school age boys; 17 year old (high functioning autism) and 13 year old. The family is open to a male or female candidate though must have experience working with special needs teens/adults; specifically Autism and or Asperger's Syndrome. There is a private apartment connected to the home for the caregiver with a private entrance. This position is long term with a minimum of a year commitment required, and starts as soon as they find the right caregiver.
- 50 hours/week.
- Monday-Friday, 6:30am-8:30am and 12pm-7:30pm.
- If kids are home from school for any reason, caregiver would work the full day.
- Any extra hours worked over 50 will be paid in addition to weekly pay.
- Supervising boys personal hygiene.
- Get boys ready for school.
- Driving youngest to school and sports (Family/Personal Care Assistant will use own car; a credit card will be provided for gas).
- Assure oldest gets on the bus every morning.
- Supervise tutors in the home for both boys.
- Run errands.
- Schedule children's doctors/dentist appointments.
- Supervise any activities with the kids and their friends.
- Participate in school functions and activities when a parent cannot attend.
- Grocery shop and cook healthy family meals each night.
- Maintain tidiness of kitchen, bedrooms, common and children areas (family has a housekeeper) including the family/personal care assistants room.
- Help with household organizational projects.
- Manage minor household repairs and schedule maintenance appointments.
- Additionally, Mom would love help with holiday decorating, gift shopping/wrapping, help with parties and anything else that will help the home run smoothly.
- The family has a dog (mini Golden-Doodle) responsibilities include feeding and letting the dog out during the day.
- In addition to $900-$1000 per week gross (BEFORE TAXES) for 50 hours per week, depending on background and experience, the candidate will receive pay for additional hours worked over 50.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (to be coordinated with family's plans).
- 5 paid sick personal days.
- Major holidays paid.
- $100 per month health benefit stipend.
- Candidate must have experience working with special needs teens/adults, specifically Autism and/or Asperger's Syndrome, and be able to provide checkable references.
- Able to provide proof of legal work status in the US.
- Willing to get infant/child First Aid and CPR trained, if not already.
- Go to www.nannyagency.com, click on "Get Started" and then "Get Hired" to fill out Part 1 of our employment application. If you meet the specified requirements, you will be able to schedule an appointment to speak with our Recruiter about your job search.
- If unable to complete an online application, call Philadelphia Nanny Network at 610-645-6550.
Want more information? Visit our YouTube page!
- Finding the Right Job For You: https://youtu.be/UYCYJHukEU4
- Working as a Nanny: Best Job Ever!: https://youtu.be/6q4Wz5g7PF0
- Trouble Finding a Nanny Job?: https://youtu.be/ep_ZvDIRBKk