$11 – 15/hr
Highland Park United Methodist Church is always looking for loving Caregivers who will provide attentive, loving care to babies and children while their parents are attending worship or other functions at church. You will care for children ages birth through 12 years. You will interact with parents at drop off and pick up, ensuring parents feel comfortable leaving their child in our care. Training is provided, although previous childcare experience is required.
This is a part-time position and is not eligible for benefits. Starting pay is $13 an hour.
Location: Dallas, TX Mockingbird Campus (75205)
Working Hours: Sunday mornings during worship: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Other times during the week, to be determined
* Ensures safety of children in care at all times
* Maintains positive, secure and caring relationship with children (greets enthusiastically, cares for needs including diaper changes and feeding when needed, interacts positively with children)
* Maintains welcoming and positive relationship with parents (greets appropriately, returns child with affirmative and constructive comments)
* Attends required safety and enrichment trainings up to four times a year.
* Diaper changing, feeding and other child care duties as needed
Experience directly caring for infants and children in a similar environment (at least 1-3 months experience)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to communicate directly to parents and understand child's feeding schedule and needs while in our care.
* Ability to speak to children, explain and instruct in an age-appropriate and a caring way.
* Ability to perform diaper changing, feeding, child protection and other policies according to our guidelines (training provided.)
* High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred
Sitting Standing Walking Seeing Hearing Speaking
Lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds Fine Motor Skills
We require committed Christians who are comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment and expect them to conduct themselves appropriately.
A drug screening and criminal background check are conducted on all persons who are offered positions.