$40 – 50/hr
The Chicago Home Tutor is looking for academic intervention specialists (Reading Specialists, Math Specialists, School Psychologists, Special Education Teachers, Teachers with experience in effective academic interventions) for in-home tutoring services (tutoring also sometimes takes place in other settings such as private schools and medical settings). If you are any of the above we look forward to receiving your application. We are particularly looking for tutors who have availability in Downtown and North side of Chicago as well as in the North Shore, Western Suburbs (all the way from Oak Park to Aurora), and the Hyde Park area.
Especially encouraged to apply:
- tutors with specific intervention training experience such as Touch Math, Reading Recovery, Rush executive functioning program, Orton-Gillingham, and Wilson.
- Special educators (LBS1 certified/School Psychologists) who want flexible work with students during the school day in their private and home school settings.
-Educators who can support students with executive functioning needs (organization, time management, task completion, on task behavior).
- Special educators who teach high school level math and science.
- School Psychologists.
- Special Educators who love keeping data!
- Design and Deliver scientifically supported academic intervention for students (K-12).
- Conduct assessments of current student skills to determine academic needs (using interviews, record reviews, curriculum-based assessments, etc.).
- Design and Deliver scientifically supported social-emotional intervention if needed (behavior plans, social stories, on/off task monitoring, etc.).
- Monitor student progress and communicate progress to clients and parents (and school if requested by parents).
- Collaborate with other interventionists about specific cases to offer and receive support.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume. If available, also send graphs representing student progress.
Please specify to which areas of Chicago and/or suburbs you would be willing to travel and any training and expertise relevant to the position. We thank you for your time and we look forward to your application!