What should I pay my housekeeper?
What impacts pay rates
Several factors can impact what you pay from type of care to location. First calculate your basic pay rate. Then adjust your rate as needed with the factors listed below.
Amount of care
- Are you offering regular work, or do you just need an occasional hand?
- If you only need part-time help, is it for the same days and times each week?
- Major metropolitan areas tend to have higher rates than rural areas.
- Suburbs can also have higher rates than rural areas, especially if they serve a large commuter population and are near a major city.
- Asking your caregiver to help with things like transportation may increase costs or require reimbursement.
- Basic tidying up and day-to-day functions may be included in your rate-just be sure your caregiver knows what your expectations are.
- Experienced caregivers get paid more than those with less experience. Paying more for experience can get you someone who better fits your needs.
- Hiring someone with specific certifications or licensing (such as licensed social workers) may cost more.
Let's get started!
Refine your search, check
references and more.
Join free today
Sign up now! It only takes a few minutes.
I'd like to...
Who needs care?
What type of ?
When do you need ?
What services do you offer?
What best describes you?
Last, but not least...
Fill in the blanks to create your account.
Thanks—you're almost there.
Create your login below.
More Care Options
Housekeepers in Top Cities
- Housekeeping in Houston, TX
- Housekeeping in Chicago, IL
- Housekeeping in Los Angeles, CA
- Housekeeping in Miami, FL
- Housekeeping in Brooklyn, NY
- Housekeeping in New York, NY
- Housekeeping in Philadelphia, PA
- Housekeeping in San Antonio, TX
- Housekeeping in Las Vegas, NV
- Housekeeping in Austin, TX
- Housekeeping in Orlando, FL
- Housekeeping in Dallas, TX
- Housekeeping in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Housekeeping in Atlanta, GA
- Housekeeping in Stamford, CT
- Housekeeping in San Diego, CA
- Housekeeping in Phoenix, AZ
- Housekeeping in Jacksonville, FL
- Housekeeping in Denver, CO
- Housekeeping in Indianapolis, IN
Additional Housekeeping Resources
- When can I hire a house cleaner and what safety measures should we take?
- How to communicate with your house cleaner for great service every time
- House cleaner checklist: A room-by-room guide
- The 2020 household employment changes every family should prepare for
- Housekeeping services: Here's how much you should be paying