Keeping track of your nanny, senior caregiver or other household employee’s hours can be tough. If sending endless text messages and leaving post-it notes on the fridge aren’t cutting it – we have a better solution. With HomePay’s new time tracker, your employee can easily enter their hours directly into your payroll account. This is something most household employment payroll companies don’t offer and we’re excited to bring it to you for no additional cost. Watch the video below to see how it works or continue reading below for more information:
How does the HomePay time tracking application work?
We’ve designed the experience to work in seven easy steps for both you and your employee.
- Your employee will log into their existing HomePay account.
- They’ll select a day from their weekly timesheet to get started.
- For each day, your employee can enter a start and end time, as well as copy any duplicate shifts onto other days of the week.
- Once their working times are entered, the weekly totals are calculated and automatically reflect their total pay for the week, including any applicable overtime.
- Your employee will have a chance to review their timesheet for accuracy, and when they’re done, they’ll submit it and return to their home page.
- Once your employee submits their total hours, we’ll automatically send you a confirmation email, but the final approval is still up to you.
- Your employee’s reported hours are displayed in your online account and if everything looks good, it’s just one click to approve their payroll.
What are the benefits of my employee using the time tracking app?
Your employee can be more proactive with managing their time because they can log their hours on-the-go with their mobile device. This cuts down on sending text messages back and forth about working time and allows for more updates on how your kids, loved ones or pets are doing. Once the week is over, they just need to submit their hours to you.
For you, this new feature keeps you compliant with all federal and state overtime rules for processing payroll. It also keeps all of your employee’s records within your HomePay account instead of relying on spreadsheets or physical paper records you may have at home. If there’s ever a question about a previous pay period, you and your employee can easily access the information you need.
Does the time tracking application work where I live?
Yes! We serve families in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. so we wanted to make sure this new feature could accommodate everyone. As long as your employee is being paid on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, they’ll be able to use this tool.
How can my employee download this time tracking application?
We have our app available to download from both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Once they log in, their time sheets will automatically be connected to your HomePay account so no additional work is required on your end.
We hope you enjoy using this new feature and if you have any questions or issues, our team is available to help at 888-273-3356.