Virtual Reality: Design Your Own Reality
LIVE ONLINE. The use of Virtual Reality is changing the face of computing and user applications before our very eyes! This camp teaches one of the most advanced VR design applications in the industry, Blocksmith, which allows students to easily make VR/AR experiences, games and more for both desktop and mobile. Students will design their own 3D environments and then immerse themselves directly into it with Google Cardboard headsets. This is a one-of-a-kind "virtual" Summer Camp program offered exclusively at Silicon STEM.
General Daily Schedule:
1:00 - 2:30 Instruction & Design Time
2:30 - 2:45 Break
2:45 - 4:00 Instruction & Design Time
If your student enjoys 3D design, they may also like our 3D Printing and CAD camp!
Online login procedures will be sent to you a day before the course begins. Please be on the lookout for details!
Tech Requirements for Desktop and Laptop Computers
• PC or MAC computers less than 7 years old should all work fine, but we recommend Windows XP or later, or OSX 10.7 or later, respectively
• Stable Internet connection with at least 1.2Mbps down and 600Kbps upload speeds. You can check your speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/
• Webcam – Either internal (built-in) or external camera
• Headphones with integrated mic are recommended but not required
• Note: While tablets will work to a certain extent, they are not advised because many students have difficulty seeing multiple screens. If the student must use a tablet, an external keyboard is recommended.
General Student Skills Requirements (Parents may need to assist young students with these items for the first few classes)
• Ability to access an Internet browser and navigate the web
• Ability to log into/operate Zoom
• Ability to navigate between multiple windows during class (i.e. students must be able to toggle between instructor’s screen on Zoom and their own screen)
• Ability to cut & paste using Ctrl X, C and V (windows), or Command X, C and V (mac).