Currently seeking help with before/after school care and transport for two children ages 7 and 10. Both are really sweet kids with some special needs (high functioning autism spectrum disorder/social communication disorder, visual impairment, food allergy).
Primary responsibilities would include:
* Prompt children to perform morning activities (getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc) to ensure they are ready for school on time
* Help them to prepare their breakfast as needed
* Administer medications before school
* Provide transport to/from school if required
* Ensure they board morning school bus
* Meet the afternoon school bus and escort them home
* Provide transport to/from appointments/activities after school
* Help with homework, unpacking book bags, repacking lunches as needed
Flexible and commensurate with experience.
* During School Year*
Monday, Thursday, and Friday (07:20 a.m. - 09:00 am)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. (3:30 p.m. - 5:00 pm)
* Summer July-August*
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (12:30-1:30 p.m. and 5:30-6:30 pm) for camp transportation
*There may be opportunities for additional hours or the occasional weekend if desired.
* Organized with excellent communication skills
* Ability to set expectations and apply rules consistently
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to work independently and problem solve as appropriate
* Clean driving record and dependable transportation
* Understanding of nutrition (ability to identify allergens)
* Some experience with autism spectrum, ADHD or related developmental disorders preferred.
* CPR (current certification) required
* Ability to use or learn epi-pen
* Completed degree or pending higher education preferred