Sara B.|Plano, TX
6 yrs exp
32 yrs old
I have been working with special needs children for over 6 years. I have cared for diverse groups of students with down syndrome, tuberous sclerosis, autism with learning disabilities, speech impairments, and non compliant behavior. My years of experience have taught me the value of patience and encouragement in caring for their needs. I also make sure to stay connected with family members and any specialists involved, encouraging their success by volunteering my personal time to join the family on vacations and special needs camps. I've truly appreciated and learned from every child and every family I have worked with; I cannot imagine having any other job.
I would like to express my strong interest in the job openings. I believe that I am an ideal candidate. My universal experience with working with special needs would make me a strong employee.
I would bring to your company a broad range of skills, including:
* The ability to physically lift up to 150 lb.
* Proven record of providing assistance in toileting, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
* Demonstrated ability to encourage everyday activities in keeping with the child's needs.
* Track record of providing conversation and companionship in a respectful manner.
* Proficient in assisting children with walking and physical therapy.