April K.|Osawatomie, KS
4 yrs exp
38 yrs old
Available Part-Time For Cleaning, Errands And Assistance
Hello, there! I'm April. I'm a caregiver with a wide range of experience. I've done nannying, elder-care, pet sitting, house sitting, as well as cleaning and errand running. There's nothing I hate more than sitting behind a desk for 8 hours!
I'm currently a caregiver for an elderly client, but this job is sadly coming to an end. I've been with her for three years and I love it! She's wonderful, and sometimes it feels like paid stay-cation.
Some things about me:
1. I'm a non-smoker.
2. I'm a dog-lover! Cats are great too. :)
3. I value cleanliness in my own house. I sweep my hardwood floors almost every morning (crazy how much dirt comes in!) and I loathe piled up dishes. It's hard for me to feel productive until everything is put away. I say that because if I'm hired by you, my messes will not be a part of your life, and I can help in areas you might want help in. I won't judge your messes, I promise!
4. I also value honesty. As a waitress, I reported all of my tips, even with the option not to. In my apartment building, the mailman will leave too-big-for-the-mailbox packages on the floor of our lobby, so I take them directly to the apartment. If they're not home, I leave a note with contact info and hold it for them in my apartment. I do that because I had something stolen from me. I'll never understand why people take things that clearly aren't theirs.
5. I love the movie Singing in the Rain. Every fall, I pick a rainy day, grab some junk food, pillows and blankets, and make a mini-holiday of it.
6. I've been on mission trips to Mexico, Honduras, and South Africa. South Africa still currently has a chunk of my heart, and I'm hoping to someday go back and make my home there. We went to a township outside of Cape Town and helped feed children breakfast, and for those children it may have been their only meal that day. Also, they're a 10 minute drive from the ocean, but many of those children have never seen it. They stay in the walls of the shack homes and never really leave the township. My dream is to go back and help the children dream, and provide resources so they can live those dreams.
8. I have a reliable car. :)