Pawsitive Dawg is rapidly growing and currently looking for fun, loving, reliable, and mature individuals to join our team of dedicated pet care professionals! We are looking for someone who has at least 1-2 years of dog walking/pet sitting experience. We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule who can be available to work up to 4 hours at at time on an as-needed basis. You could start as a back up walker for our current dog walkers when they are on vacation or out sick workings between 10-3pm Monday through Friday, with the possibility of taking on new clients as they come in. You would also have the opportunity to pick up any pet sitting jobs we have available during the week and/or on the weekend. This position can become full-time for the right person.
What we offer:
* A fun job where you get to be outside and exercise.
* A job where you get to work with animals and their owners on a daily basis.
* A job where you get to work independently yet feel completely supported.
* Paid hands-on training.
* Paid Pet First Aid/CPR certification.
* Paid on-going professional development.
* Paid sick time after 90th day of employment.
* Paid time off after 24 months of employment.
* Mileage reimbursement.
* Weekly cell phone stipend.
* Great hours with additional hours available.
* Direct deposit.
* Full bonding and liability insurance.
* Established husband & wife pet sitting business.
* Ability to become full time for the right person.
* Training is $11.00 per hour.
* Competitive pay (depends on experience) paid weekly. We pay you by the service (you receive a percentage of the service fee). If you have 1-2 year's experience, the starting pay ranges from $14-16/hour depending on how many visits you complete but that quickly goes up the longer you stay with us. The more paid dog walking experience you have, the higher your starting pay. This is NOT an independent contractor position!
* Depending on your availability, our part-time dog walkers/pet sitters make between $50-$500+/week.
* You can make extra money with pet sitting if you are willing to provide multiple visits to a client's house, work early mornings, late evenings, or on weekends.
* You will be reimbursed mileage according to the standard IRS rate of $0.545/mile.
* This is a very part-time job to start. Your schedule is based on client need. More walks will be available as your comfort grows and business continues to increase.
* A minimum of 6 months commitment is preferred. Temporary/Seasonal (e.g., summer) positions are NOT available.
* At least 2 years' experience caring for animals.
* Comfortable walking both big and small dogs for periods of 15-60 minutes at a time and up to 5-6 miles per day.
* Comfortable providing dog walking services and driving in all New England weather (i.e., rain, wind, sleet or snow).
* Comfortable feeding animals a variety of food, scooping cat litter, cleaning litter boxes, picking up vomit and any other pet care duty the owner has requested.
* Be able to quickly and efficiently respond to all inquiries from our team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be communicating directly with clients and the Pet Care Manager.
* Must be extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude.
* Follow a schedule provided by the Pet Care Manager.
* Give all pets your undivided attention and love during your assigned visit.
* Provide pick up and drop off services to dogs from and to their homes for individual dog hikes.
* Provide solo dog walks for private on-leash neighborhood walks.
* Maintain control and ensure the safety of all of the animals under your watch.
* Maintain security of our clients' homes during your assigned visit.
* Pick up and properly dispose of all pet waste of the pets in your care.
* Provide a daily note in our scheduling app with a photo following each visit to confirm services and to update the owner and Pawsitive Dawg of your visit.
* Must love dogs and cats.
* Car with valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
* Must live in Waltham, Belmont, Watertown.
* 3 relevant references (2 professional and 1 personal).
* Flexibility with schedule and willing to add visits with short notice.
* Occasional evening or weekend hours for client interviews will be necessary.
* Clean criminal background and clean driving records (criminal/background check required).
* Willing to become Pet First Aid Certified.
If you are still interested after reading through all of the requirements, please click on the link below to start the process. We will not contact you unless you have filled out this form and you meet our criteria.
Thank you for taking the time to read this ad thoroughly. If you meet our criteria, we will be contacting you to set up a phone interview. You must agree to and pass a background check prior to employment. We look forward to hearing from you!