My work history and experience dates back 10+ years. I took advanced placement classes for Early Child Development during high school. I completed my internship with the 4-year-old group. After graduating, I became the lead teacher in the infant and toddler rooms, and stayed there for 2 years. I also assisted with the after-school program. I then became a private in-home nanny for one of the families in my class, taking care of their 5-year-old girl, a 16-month-old boy, and a 6-week-old boy. I stayed with them until they relocated to Tennessee.
I am also an Alumni with the Big Bother Big Sisters program. I have had 2 little sisters in the past, an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old.
I am available basically 24 hours a day, depending on your preference of my daughter being with me or me coming alone. I am also available for events, example, I babysat 8 children in a resort once during a wedding ceremony. I am first aid/CPR certified and have a background check available. I do not drink, smoke, or partake in any illegal activities. I have a good driving record and own a reliable SUV.
I am able to:
- Transport your children to/from activities
- Prepare nutritious meals
- Do crafts, games, learning activities, and outdoor play
- Supervise children in a pool. I am an excellent swimmer and am scuba certified
- Assist with bath and bedtime
- Light housework such as laundry, organizing, meal preparation, & errand running
- Comfortable with pets and pet care. (including reptiles)
- Infant care
- Diaper changes (including cloth), bottle warming & feeding, cuddling, etc
- Care for multiple children - can be your children plus those of friends
My usual hourly rate is $10-$15 for up to 3 children. Each additional child is $5/hour.