Hello! I'm a college graduate who is soon relocating to Southern Illinois to spend time with my family. I am looking for some part-time work and to meet awesome families! Most recently, I have lived in West Virginia, working closely with the family that manages the non-profit in which I was employed. Although my title was Staff at the organization, my duties easily and flexibly became to help care for an imaginative 6-year-old and a physical 3-year-old. I learned to prepare meals, coordinate bedtime, help with homework, and genuinely love these kids. My work at the non-profit also introduced me to numerous children of different ages and abilities. Although by nature of the organization guardians were present, I learned to balance a role of friend and authority. Whether Easter egg dying, pouring endless cups of lemonade, or asking for help cleaning the playroom, I got to connect with children on their terms. I have listed several other of my childcare experiences below, but these recent relationships have helped me discover my awe in children's ability to adapt, learn, and love. My overall approach is open-minded and low barrier. I prefer to find a family that is open, honest, and respectful towards their children. While I know each family is different, I would love to work with someone that wanted me not only to be a caregiver for their child, but a positive influence and friend, as well.
- Family of two girls, ages seven and four. Weekly nights of planning entertainment, preparing dinner, and putting to bed.
- Family of two boys and two girls, ages seven and five, twin 3-year-olds. Summer nanny involving inventing daytime activities, preparing lunch, facilitating naps.
- One 6-year-old boy. Summer nanny. Planned daytime schedule, responsible for pre-k tutoring.
- One 11 month girl. Random summer days. Played, put to nap, and prepared meals.
- Work at a grammar school, tutoring and mentoring children of all ages.
My personal favorite are pre-schoolers, but also enjoy caring for all ages of eager, curious children.