- I volunteered for an animal shelter for a couple summers where I:
- Worked with adoptions of both dogs and cats
- Cared for animals (food, water, walking, changing of litter)
- Worked with other shelters to facilitate adoption of animals into their care.
Experience: I've had two years of paid pet care/sitting for friends, neighbors, and their associates where I took care of:
- Dogs: multiple (2 and 3, of all sizes), individual (all sizes), various breeds, indoor dogs and outdoor dogs as well.
- Cats: multiple, individual, various breeds, indoor cats and outdoor cats, some of which were on medication
- Turtles: multiple.
- Fish: freshwater. I monitored the tank, pH level, temperature, and fed the fish.
In the past, I have fostered:
- 5-week-old kitten (stray who was found)
- 3-month-old husky mix
- 1 litter of kittens (five total).
- 2 kittens, both 3 weeks old. I found them homes as of June 10th, 2013.
I walk my dog daily, generally for an hour or so, for a few blocks and I am used to walk both multiple dogs as well as individual dogs of all sizes.
If you need care and board for your pet, I pet sit both at your home or I will take care of dogs and cats at my own home as well. I currently own both a dog and a cat, both of which are used to other animals in the house and the backyard. I am currently a teacher, which puts my schedule as free during the summer months, and at home between 3 p.m. -7 a.m. every day during the school year. Animals that stay in my home can be put either indoors or outdoors, in crates and out of crates. Thanks for your time! Pets rock!