An individual who is competent to perform assigned functions of non-medical care to the client
in their residence.
1. Must have completed orientation, non-medical training program and competency.
2. Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
3. Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
4. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
1. Provide companionship to client.
2. Prepare and serve meals and/or snacks.
3. Provide grooming and dressing guidance.
4. Provide light housekeeping.
5. Provide laundry and linen service to include washing, ironing and folding clothes.
6. Provide shopping service to client to include grocery and clothes shopping.
7. Provide incidental transportation for client which includes visits to doctor appointments,
friends, family members, or stores.
8. Provide assistance and planning of client's recreational activities and events.
9. May remind client of medications