In a July 2019 survey of our tutors, 100 percent would recommend tutoring with us to a friend and the average satisfaction with the job was 95/100!
Chicago Home Tutor is looking for academic interventionists (special education teachers, school psychologists, reading specialists, math specialists, teachers with experience in effective academic interventions) for in-home tutoring services (tutoring also sometimes takes place in other settings such as private schools and medical settings). We are particularly looking for tutors who have availability in Chicago (Downtown, the whole North side, UIC area, South Loop, Hyde Park), the North Shore, and the Western Suburbs (all the way from Oak Park to Aurora).
The Chicago Home Tutor provides a supportive, flexible, and collaborative working environment. Here is what one of our tutors has to say:
"Working for Chicago Home Tutor for the last three years has been an amazing experience! As a school psychologist/parent who currently stays home with kids, it has been perfect to be able to supplement our family income with both daytime work and work during after school hours. Laura, the founder, is so flexible and accommodating, and I only take on cases that are the right fit for me and my schedule. It's also been beneficial to keep my skills up to date. I'm so grateful to have found this company!"- Claire R.
"Working for CHT has been great. The owner Laura, and everyone else at CHT, is very helpful and supportive. The students/families I work with are very rewarding and engaging. CHT offers tremendous flexibility with opportunities all throughout the day, throughout the city and suburbs. It's the most fun I've had teaching, I highly recommend you give it a try!"- Mike K.
Especially encouraged to apply:
- special education teachers who want a lot of after school hours!
- tutors with specific intervention training experience such as Touch Math, Rush executive functioning program, Reading Recovery, Orton-Gillingham, and Wilson
- special educators (LBS1 certified/school psychologists) who want flexible work with students during the school day in their private and home school settings. This can be a great fit for retired special educators!
- educators who have experience supporting students with executive functioning needs (organization, time management, task completion, etc)
- special educators who teach high school level math and science
- school psychologists
- educators who love keeping data on their programs!
- design and deliver evidence-driven academic instruction for students (PreK-12).
- conduct assessments of current student skills to determine academic needs (using interviews, record reviews, curriculum-based assessments, etc.).
- design and deliver evidence-driving social-emotional support if needed (behavior plans, social stories, on/off task monitoring, etc.).
- monitor student progress and communicate progress to clients and parents (and school if requested by parents).
- collaborate with other tutors about specific cases to offer and receive support.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please specify to which areas of Chicago and/or suburbs you would be willing to travel and any training and expertise relevant to the position.
We thank you for your time and we look forward to your application!