Employment Type: Home Child Care Provider* Live-out or Live-in / Part-time / Long-term
Location: Scarborough East (401 & Port Union Road) – Employer’s home
Desired Start Date: End of August 2017
Vehicle: Access to a vehicle provided
Salary: $265.00 per week for Live-in (Includes private quarters for Live-in, Access to car, Meals included and Internet access). $348.00 per week for Live-out.
Child: Girl – 8 years old
Hours: Mondays - Fridays: 6 hours per day (some flexibility required)
Looking for a loving, kind, and nurturing home child care provider, either live-in OR live-out (This family does have a private suite available). The child is enrolled in various activities.
The child care provider will be supplied with a car to drive the child to activities and appointments. The nanny will be paid while the children are dropped off at activities. Will provide access to the car for personal use if the child care provider is enrolled in a course at the nearby University of Toronto or Centennial College or other educational institution in the Toronto Area.
• Supervise and care for child
• Help child with homework
• Instruct child in personal hygiene and social development
• Read to child
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals
• Shop for food and household supplies
• Wash, Iron and Press clothing and household linens
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parent
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Tend to emotional well-being of child
• Discipline child according to the methods requested by parent
• Take child to and from school and to appointments
• Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding child
• Administer First Aid in emergency situations.
• Nanny must be comfortable with a cat
• Experienced swimmer is a bonus
• Full G Driver’s License
• Child Care: minimum 2 years
• Completion of high school
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
• Red Cross Babysitting Course an asset
• Police Check
• Drug Testing
• English (spoken and written)
• Bilingualism an asset(French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese)
• Positive attitude
• ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to work independently
Created by Carmela. on 02/08/2017
30 Hr. / Week
Age: Primary school age (7-12 years)
Cooking / Meal preparation
Pick up / Drop off
Comfortable with Pets
Has own transportation
Why a rate range?
The rate ranges presented are based on local averages. After applying, you can specify your desired rate and negotiate it during the hiring process.