All Chefs | "Summer Camp Favs" Virtual Summer Camp
We teach young chefs how to cook up some FUN! Our chef instructors bring knowledge and creativity to your kitchen, equipped with recipes and a list of ingredients and equipment your kiddo needs to prepare culinary delights for the entire family. No PB & J here, our young chefs are always exploring something new! We focus on fresh ingredients and the importance of home cooked meals.
We teach kids life-long cooking skills like:
Cutting, slicing, dicing, julienne, shredding (with safety tools)
Dry & liquid measuring
Safe food handling/food assembly
Sweet vs. Savory ingredients and dishes & food substitutions
Kids will make 3-4 recipes per class, all hands-on and from scratch. Your family will get to enjoy your child's masterpiece, whether you choose to cook it right away or save it for later!
Please note: A parent helper is required in the kitchen, depending on the age and experience of your little chef! Our website: www.lilchefschool.com for a recording of the week's lesson
• The curriculum and recipe will be posted a week in advance so that the parent will have plenty of time to check their pantry, refrigerator and shop for the ingredients necessary to complete the recipes. Substitutions are welcome as cooking is edible art!
• Kiddos be in their kitchen alongside our chef in ours moving through each step of the recipes.
• This will have to include parent participation, depending on the age of the child (this is up to the parent’s discretion).
• Please join the class 15 minutes early so you have plenty of time to pull out your ingredients. Each recipe will include ingredients and a list of basic equipment needed.
• The class time may vary depending on the pace and the number of chefs joining the class.
• Please be considerate to mom and keep your kitchen clean and organized as we move through each recipe. We will show you how to clean as you go!
• Each recipe is intended for a specific amount of servings. You may adjust the recipe, dependent on the size of your family.
• Each class will be recorded for your child to watch and cook later just in case you miss or want to revisit the class!
• Thank you everyone and we look forward to cooking with you all!!!!